The brand new Transforming Education Awards are an opportunity to shout about what’s great about your school or academy, promote the good work of your staff and say thank you to those who go above and beyond.
The Awards are open to all schools and academies in Northumberland and anyone who works in education can make a nomination, with the approval of their Headteacher. They will recognise the hard work and dedication of education staff across the county.
You can help make these awards a huge success by:
- Printing and displaying an awards poster in your school or academy
- Talking to your staff, workmates and other schools and academies about the awards
- Nominating a colleague, team or project for an award
There are 15 categories to nominate in:
- Leader in Early Years Award
- Primary/First School Project of the Year
- Secondary/High School Project of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Technology in Learning Award
- Sporting Achievement Award
- Diversity in Practice Award
- Community Project of the Year Award
- Outstanding New Teacher Award
- Teacher of the Year Award
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
- Support Staff Member of the Year
- Headteacher of the Year
- School Governor of the Year
Winners will be presented with their awards at a special ceremony at The Alnwick Garden in October – sponsorship is being raised by the organiser, Northumberland County Council, to help cover the costs.
You can find out more about the awards and make your nomination on the Transforming Education Awards 2018 webpage.
Nominations are open until Friday 20 July 2018.