An introduction from Audrey Kingham: Acting Service Director Education & Skills
Autumn Term 2020:
- Autumn Term Template (Google Doc) (Please make a copy of the doc before editing)
- This autumn term visit will be different to previous years… It is likely that your visit will be virtual and the template is somewhat different. Sections of the template have guidance notes to aid the writing of the report, and further guidance is available in the appendix. There is some reflection on how schools/pupils managed during the period March – July 2020 but the main focus is on the periods September 2019 – March 2020 and then March 2020 – July 2020.
- SEND and disadvantaged pupils continue to be a golden thread.
- Please remember that the main audience for the reports are governors so avoidance of acronyms and short hand is best practice. Some data may be needed but try to avoid long lists or tables please. A clear and concise written narrative of the evidence seen, with evaluative statements/conclusion/
judgements is what we are after. The aim is to inform governors of strengths and weaknesses to enable them to hold the headteacher to account.
- Damian’s presentation, shared during the SIP training, on 10 September is available here.
- Angela’s presentation, shared during the SIP training, on 10 September is available here.
- Claire’s presentation, shared during the SIP training, on 10 September is available here.
- A link to the new training directory is here.
- The Headteacher performance management guide is available here. Headteacher Standards are available here.
- PLEASE do not convert your report to Word. Leave in Google and share with Hannah – she will deal with any formatting issues.