As highlighted in last week’s Ecourier, a reminder that the coronavirus (COVID-19) workforce fund for schools and colleges online form is now live HERE.
Eligible institutions include:
- primary, secondary and all through maintained schools, academies and free schools
- 16 to 19 academies and maintained schools
- maintained special schools, and special academies and free schools
- non-maintained special schools
- pupil referral units
- AP academies and free schools
- maintained and academy hospital schools
Registered independent special schools and independent schools delivering AP are also eligible to claim for staff they employ to support pupils whose placements are funded from local authorities’ high needs budgets.Schools must meet or exceed either of the absence thresholds set out in the tables below to be eligible. This means either an initial threshold of 20%, or a lower threshold of 10%, should absence levels be long-term. Once they reach either threshold, they are eligible to claim for costs incurred covering absences above this threshold (and cannot claim for costs up to the threshold)
The deadline to submit your claim is 23:59 on 31 March 2021. Guidance is available to assist in completing the form HERE
Please note that claims can only be made at an individual school level, no multi academy trust or local authority claims will be considered, schools are therefore responsible for the submission of any claim.