Thank you to all schools that sent feedback about the revised arrangements for distribution of Pupil Premium Plus for Northumberland looked after children for the financial year 2020-21. Attached here is the confirmed policy.
The DfE has now confirmed that from 1st April 2020 the grant for each eligible pupil will be £2345. Northumberland Virtual School will retain £850 of each grant centrally to fund:
- dedicated educational psychology, with increased capacity from September 2020
- dedicated careers’ guidance from 14+ to age 25 when appropriate
- a SEND officer for looked after children
- Virtual School teachers to support with interventions to accelerate progress and provide 1 to 1 tuition
- continued investment in Thrive attachment training
- sustained staffing levels
- crisis support for individual children
- additional funding for individual pupils on a needs-assessed basis
- technology equipment, including laptops, to support the learning of all looked after children.
Northumberland’s Pupil Premium Plus Policy will be approved by the MALAP (Multi-agency looked after partnership) which has Terms of Reference as the governing body of the Virtual School and is accountable to the Council’s Safeguarding and Corporate Parenting Advisory Group.