The 0-19 team (health visiting and school nursing) would like to reassure you that you and your children’s safety is our priority and, with this in mind, we have made the difficult decision to suspend until further notice:
- all group sessions and activities – breastfeeding, baby groups, parentcraft/birth and beyond sessions
- all well baby clinics
- all school drop ins
- all routine school age screening, including the National Child measurement Programme.
We would like to ensure that all of our clients continue to receive the Healthy Child Programme and support. Most routine contacts will be conducted via the telephone rather than face to face.
Your health visiting or school nursing team will contact you in advance if this applies to you.
Health visiting: Please contact your named health visiting team for advice and support or contact the Northumberland Health Visitor Support and Advice line Monday to Friday 9-5 0191 6073838
School nursing: We have a service called ChatHealth which lets you text your school nurse, in confidence, for advice and support. The service deals with all kinds of issues including mental health, bullying, self-harm, alcohol and drugs, relationships, healthy eating and smoking. ChatHealth is available for young people aged 11-19. Alternatively, you can contact your nearest school nurse team direct on the following numbers:
- Child Health Centre, Wansbeck Hospital, Ashington – 01670 564048
- Eddie Ferguson House, Blyth – 01670 629670
- Corbridge Health Centre, Hexham – 01434 636939
- Broomhill Health Centre, Amble- 01670 761908
You may be asked to leave a message on an answer machine.