It is now less than a week till the LGA’s annual teachers’ pensions conference in York. Don’t miss out on attending one of our events this month!
The full programme for the events can be found on the LGA website together with the online booking system
You will see that our speakers will be covering the following topics
- Topical update from the Department for Education, the TPS Scheme Manager
- Employer Compliance – the Pensions Regulator
- General Data Protection Regulation compliance
- Teachers’ Pensions policy team work and issue
- Exit payments for public sector workers
You will have the opportunity to participate in two of the following workshops
- Monthly Data Collection 2, a first look
This will be the first opportunity for employers to see plans for the next stage of MDC which will be reconciling contributions data.
- ‘My Pension Online’ experience
Attend this workshop to see a test version of My Pension Online, see what the member ‘sees’… it will give delegates a ‘walk through’ of various aspects of MPO such as completing online retirement forms, benefit statements including how service is recorded, applying for scheme flexibilities and the opt out process.
- Demystifying entitlements to retirement benefits
Can a teacher take scheme benefits after a ‘one day break’? In what circumstances can a member become entitled to retirement benefits after ceasing all employment or after opting out of the scheme? What about members who have benefits in both the Final Salary and Career Average arrangements? We will be discussing the range of retirement benefits under the TPS and delegates will be able to share their experiences.