The Department for Education (DfE) have published additional guidance to assist schools in making a claim for additional pupil premium funding if both of the following criteria apply:
• if at any time between 1 April 2020 and 1 October 2020 you had any pupils eligible for free school meals under the temporary extension granted to some children of groups who have no recourse to public funds (NRPF)
• these pupils were on the school roll on the date of the October census (1 October 2020)
You can access the guidance here.
This involves the DfE temporarily extended free school meal eligibility to include some children of groups who have no recourse to public funds (NRPF).
These groups are:
• children of Zambrano carers
• children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
• children of families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
Further information regarding eligibility is available HERE.
You can read more guidance for schools and local authorities on school meals arrangements during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak here.