The North East Teaching Schools Partnership have worked collaboratively to design and then facilitate the EEF-backed programme. Delegates will take part in intensive, practical and interactive sessions, allowing them to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver outstanding support and interventions to ensure maximum impact can be achieved every day for the pupils they work with.
Who is the Programme for?
Every Teaching Assistant Outstanding is a versatile programme suitable for all teaching assistants Primary or Middle phase, regardless of experience, who have the desire and commitment to reflect upon their current practice and consider how this can be further improved to enhance performance and raise standards. All sessions are delivered by New York Primary Teaching School.
The two-day programme will enable delegates to:
- place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of the lessons they support
- raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- consider different methods and styles of support to challenge learners
- have a bigger impact on planning and assessment for the learners they support
- demonstrate a high level of understanding of teaching and learning
- be able to coach and support colleagues to raise performance
Session 1 – Thursday 27th February 2020
Identifying Progress in learners and the value of Assessment
Session 2 – Thursday 19th March 2020
Effective Challenge and Questioning to deepen understanding
Places are subsidized and cost £50 to include two days CPD at Shiremoor House Farm, lunch and resources. To book email: email@example.com