Great news! Over 250 of you have signed up for tax-free childcare and are supporting parents to save 20% on their childcare costs. If you have not yet signed up and are interested in doing so, more information can be found at this link.
Child Interviewing – A short structured interview
For the purpose of this consultation we need you to follow this procedure as close as possible. However we hope that the information we have provided you with throughout the week helps and you find this opens up free discussion with your children at circle time etc. The activity is written in a way that works for us gathering the data we need and generally for the groups that we are wanting to be involved. However, please consider the needs of the group.
- Identify children in your provision who will be 4 before 31st August 2019 and who are going to Reception in September 2019.
- Highlight the benefits of children’s participation with parents and carers so they are aware they are taking part.
- Explain to children why they are taking part and how important their voice is tailor that activity to meet the needs and include all children in the age range
- Help children to understand the questions i.e. Reception might be worded big school – you know your children best!
- Provide a familiar, comfortable environment to carry out the consultation where children feel at ease.
- Identify the best way for your setting to use the consultation question provided i.e. 1 to 1 with children or small groups, circle time, stamps, pencils or stickers for responses or any other innovative ways you come up with from the information we have been sharing (take pictures and share on Facebook).
- Carry out this specific activity during week beginning 17th June (interview sheet below).Keep the results!
- Complete the google form to return results by 5th July 2019 results available by 19th July.
For further information, please see document attached.