Pupil Premium Strategy Statement Templates: (updated September 2021)
As part of the pupil premium allocations and conditions of grant for 2021 to 2022, schools are now required to:
- demonstrate, from the next academic year, how their spending decisions are informed by research evidence (condition 7)
- use the DfE strategy statement templates to publish their pupil premium strategy (condition 8)
Your online statement should explain:
- how much you have been allocated this year
- how you intend to spend the pupil premium
- the rationale for your spending decisions, including the barriers you’re looking to overcome
- the intended impact
- what effect last year’s pupil premium spending had within your school
The length and detail of your online statement should reflect the size of your pupil premium allocation.
The DfE say you do not have to use the 3-year approach if you do not want to.
They recommend that you:
- take a longer-term approach to planning how to use the grant (for example, over 3 year period)
- update your online statement at least once a year, starting from late in the autumn term
You may find using the 3-year strategy approach makes it easier to plan your:
- teaching practice
- staff development
Schools are not required to publish the statement before the end of December 2021. This will enable you to take into account the needs of your new intake.