School governors and trustees make up the largest volunteer group in the country. They are a vital part of the education offer here in Northumberland.
We are looking for committed and enthusiastic members of NCC staff to join our school governing boards and help make a positive contribution to children’s education.
We urgently need governors in the South East and West of Northumberland.
Governors and trustees should:
- have a strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for children
- be inquisitive, challenging and analytical
- be willing to learn and attend training
- have good interpersonal skills
- be prepared to work in line with the Governors Code of Conduct and Governor Behaviour Protocol
The benefits of being a school governor:
- Playing an active role in the future of your community and its children.
- Positive contribution to your own personal and professional development.
- Access to free online training and support from our highly experienced Governor Support Team.
- Being a valued member of a committed team who focuses on providing an excellent provision where children can thrive and flourish.
If you would like more information on becoming a school governor or trustee in Northumberland, please register your interest here. Once we have your contact details, we can get in touch to give you more information, and to help you with the application process.