Teaching schools lead in 6 areas:
- delivering school-led initial teacher training (ITT), including School Direct
- providing tailored continuing professional development to staff across their alliances
- supporting other schools, usually working with a school or academy in challenging circumstances to bring about improvement
- identifying and developing future leaders
- recruiting and managing specialist leaders of education: outstanding middle and senior leaders who develop leaders in other schools
- building on existing research and sharing new research and development
We have 4 Teaching Schools and a National Support School in Northumberland. Links to each school are below.
The schools offer a wide range of personalised support through Senior Leaders in Education (SLE’s) and National Leaders of Education (NLE’s). This can range from support for new curricula, through departmental reviews to providing leadership capacity. Details of each SLE/NLE are available below;
- Tyne Valley Teaching School Alliance
- The Three Rivers Teaching School Alliance
- Ponteland Partnership Teaching School Alliance
- The Dales Teaching School Alliance
If you would like further information on Teaching Schools or National Support Schools, or would like to discuss bespoke support that they may be able to provide your school through SLE’s and NLE’s, please contact Dave Cookson (Northumberland Teaching Schools & National Support Schools Co-ordinator).
KEVI run a number of subject/phase networks, to ensourage staff to meet and discuss a wide range of subject/phase specific issues.
If you would like to join a particular network please contact the appropriate person.
- Deputies – Clare Savage
- Maths – Glyn Evans
- English – Jess McKay
- CIEAG – Leanne Johnson
- Geography – Angus Wright
- Science – Jillian Rawlinson
- History – Nichola Johnstone
If there are networks that you would like to see set up please contact Dave Cookson and he will liaise with the Teaching Schools/National Support School on your behalf.