The role of teaching schools is to work with others to provide
Teaching schools lead in 6 areas:
- delivering school-led initial teacher training (ITT), including School Direct
- providing tailored continuing professional development to staff across their alliances
- supporting other schools, usually working with a school or academy in challenging circumstances to bring about improvement
- identifying and developing future leaders
- recruiting and managing specialist leaders of education: outstanding middle and senior leaders who develop leaders in other schools
- building on existing research and sharing new research and development
We have 4 teaching schools in Northumberland. Links to each school are below.
The Teaching Schools offer a wide range of personalised support through Senior Leaders in Education (SLE’s) and National Leaders of Education (NLE’s). This can range from support for new curricula, through departmental reviews to providing leadership capacity.
If you would like further information on Teaching Schools, or would like to discuss bespoke support that they may be able to provide your school through SLE’s and NLE’s, please contact Dave Cookson (Northumberland Teaching Schools Co-ordinator).