We have brought together and developed resources and information about the transition back to school, which is for use before, during and after the transition.
This link provides a theoretical and practical roadmap of things to explore.
The new content covers:
- DfE / NCC guidance – this will be updated as new guidance is released
- Staff Wellbeing / Planning as a team – staff wellbeing and videos/ documents providing structure/ theory to the return to school process and a roadmap planning tool
- Safety and Security / Explaining and Embedding the new normal – materials to explain and establish new rules and routines
- Transitions / Endings and New Beginnings – including materials for those changing settings
- Acknowledging experiences – resources to encourage reflection on the experience and to highlight positives as well as negative experiences and personal development
- Managing Emotions and building resilience – Recognising and working with the range of emotions that young people and staff will be bringing back into school
The resources and information are for the whole school community. While there are some resources particularly designed for children with SEND and/ or ASD, many approaches designed for these young people are likely to benefit a much wider section of the school population. There is generally heightened anxiety and a need for security and stability so, for example, all children and adults will benefit from knowing how school will be different before they return.
This is very much a work in progress, and we would like it to showcase resources and ideas that schools across Northumberland are using / planning.
If you would like to share any of your practice on these padlets please email them across to Katinka.Bryan@Northumberland.gov.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org