The brand new Transforming Education Awards launched last week. Organised by Northumberland County Council, the awards will recognise the hard work and dedication of school staff across Northumberland.
You can nominate a colleague, team or project in 15 categories, so if you work with someone who makes a real difference, why not put them forward for one of the awards:
- Leader in Early Years Award
- Primary/First School Project of the Year
- Secondary/High School Project of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Technology in Learning Award
- Sporting Achievement Award
- Diversity in Practice Award
- Community Project of the Year Award
- Outstanding New Teacher Award
- Teacher of the Year Award
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
- Support Staff Member of the Year
- Headteacher of the Year
- School Governor of the Year
Anyone who works in a school or academy in Northumberland can make a nomination, with the approval of their Headteacher.
Winners will be presented with their awards at a special ceremony at The Alnwick Garden in October – sponsorship is being raised to help cover the costs.
You can find out more about the awards and make your nomination on the Transforming Education Awards 2018 webpage. Nominations are open until Friday 20 July ’18.
Click here for a poster which can be printed out to display in staff areas to help encourage nominations.