The Critical thinking for achievement project provides free CPD for primary and secondary teachers of geography and/or science, to strengthen teachers’ subject knowledge and build confidence and capability in curriculum planning and teaching.
Key features include:
- Free ‘plan-do-review’ CPD over one school term, available from autumn 2018
- a focus on knowledge application, critical use of data and construction of evidenced arguments
- an extension to core training on the use of data in geography and science, including geo-located and fieldwork data
- CPD tailored to local priorities, delivered through teacher networks
- support for teachers to apply techniques in their classroom
- raising standards in geography and science
This opportunity is funded by the Department for Education Teaching and Leadership Innovation Fund (TLIF) and run by the Geographical Association in partnership with the Association for Science Education (ASE).